Art Show Instructions & Entry Form
NOTE TO ARTISTS: Below are the rules for the 2nd Annual Climate Change Art Exhibit, to be held in September 2018. To enter the exhibit, please copy and paste this page, fill in the required information, and email to email@example.com. Or, email firstname.lastname@example.org and the same form will be emailed to you for your completion and return.
CALL FOR ARTISTS
2nd Annual Climate Change Art Exhibit
hosted by the Waco Friends of Peace/Climate
at the Waco Winery, 708 Austin Ave., Waco, Tx
The Waco Friends of Peace/Climate is a local non-profit organization dedicated to direct action and education to combat anthropogenic climate change. The goal of the art show is to raise awareness of climate change, emphasize that climate change is a global emergency, portray the ongoing effects, and suggest hopeful solutions. We believe that art, through its emotional/spiritual/mystical impact, enhances the scientific understanding of the subject. All submitted art should address some aspect of climate change. To encourage all artists to consider submitting their work, this 2nd annual show will take place in a larger, beautiful venue, requires no entry fee, and offers cash prizes.
● Submission of Art: May 18 through August 15.
● Delivery of Art to Venue: Saturday, August 25 and Sunday,
August 26, 2 pm until 8 pm
August 26, 2 pm until 8 pm
● Arrangement of Art (by our staff): Monday August 27,
beginning 1 pm.
beginning 1 pm.
● Exhibit Opens: Wednesday, August 29, 2-10 pm.
● Reception with Awards: Saturday, September 15, 6-8 pm.
● Exhibit Closes: Saturday, September 29, 12 midnight
● Pick-up of Art: Sunday, September 30, 2-8 pm.
The art will be judged as one group (all media), and given 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place, with a People's Choice award. Judging will be performed by members of Waco Friends of Peace/Climate, and results are final. The following prizes will be awarded at the Reception: 1st - $1000, 2nd - $600, 3rd - $400, People's Choice - $400. Art will be judged on relevance to the topic of climate change and on artistic merit.
● Age: entries are accepted from children in 8th grade and above, and adults of any age.
● Geography: entries are limited to those with residence within the state of Texas.
● Size: most sizes of hanging art (of any medium) are acceptable, except for murals. Space is available for a few small to large sculptures.
● Capacity: the venue size will allow approximately 65 pieces of hanging art, and multiple sculptures.
● Number of entries: three (3) entries are allowed per artist.
● Hanging requirements: all entries should be ready to hang, with a metal wire across the back of the piece. If received without this wire, the artist will be required to come to the venue to attach the wire.
● All pieces should be delivered with a small piece of white paper for display containing stated information (specified later). An artist statement is also allowed.
● Insurance: since the venue is a public place, the Waco Friends of Peace/Climate can not guarantee there will be no damage to the artwork. The venue does not provide insurance for the art. Artists should consider purchasing their own insurance policy.
● Shipping: if the artist needs to ship her/his piece to the venue, the cost will be paid by the artist.
● Sales: Sales are between the artist and the buyer. No commission is received by the host of the show or the venue. It is requested that all art which is sold during the exhibit remain in place until the end of the show, September 29.
● Public Relations: the host of the show reserves the right to use images of any submitted art for PR purposes.
● Waco Friends of Peace/Climate is assisted by local artist Monica Shannon of the Texas Fine Artists. We are deeply grateful for her expert consultation.
The Waco Friends of Peace/Climate encourages all artists to consider entering this exhibit. We expect the success of last year's show to greatly increase in 2018. Please submit your art early in case the available venue space should become full. For any questions or concerns, please email the Director of our organization, Alan Northcutt, MD at email@example.com
ART ENTRY FORM 2018
2nd ANNUAL CLIMATE CHANGE ART EXHIBIT
WACO FRIENDS OF PEACE/CLIMATE
*NOTE: please touch the "reply" tab of this email. You will then be able to fill in the required information below. Also, please attach a high quality photograph of the art to this email. The email entry should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please complete a separate form for each piece that is submitted. Art may be submitted in any media which may be hung on the venue walls. Various sizes are accepted, except for murals. Space is available for a few small to large sculptures. Three (3) pieces may be submitted per artist. There is NO entry fee. The venue has the capacity for approximately 65 pieces of hanging art. Deadline for submission of this form is August 15. Artists will be notified of those pieces which are accepted shortly after August 15.
● Title of art:
● Dimensions of art:
● Name of artist:
● Date of entry:
● Email address:
● Phone number:
● Physical address:
By submitting this entry form and by my name below, I release the Waco Friends of Peace/Climate and the Waco Winery and their representatives of all liability and responsibility for any injury, damage, or loss sustained by exhibitors, guests, or works of art before, during or after the 2nd Annual Climate Change Art Exhibit as a result of the display of my artwork or materials. I agree to deliver and pick up my artwork during the dates and times specified above. I, an artist, certify that the work I submitted is original and produced solely by myself.